- Shariff, N., & Potgieter, E. (2012). Extent of East-African nurse leaders’ participation in health policy development. *Nursing research and practice*, *2012*.
- Shariff, N. (2014). Factors that act as facilitators and barriers to nurse leaders’ participation in health policy development. *BMC nursing*, *13*(1), 1.
- Shariff, N. J. (2015). A Delphi survey of leadership attributes necessary for national nurse leaders? participation in health policy development: an East African perspective. *BMC Nursing*, *14*, 13-13.
- Shariff, NJ. (2015). Utilizing the Delphi Survey Approach: A Review. *J Nurs Care*, *4*(3), 246.
- Shariff, N. J. (2015). Empowerment model for nurse leaders’ participation in health policy development: an east African perspective. *BMC nursing*, *14*(1), 1.
- 2014: Post-Doctoral Fellowship, University of Alberta, Canada
- 2011: Doctor of Philosophy, University of South Africa (UNISA), South Africa
- 2003: Master of Science in Nursing, University of Manchester, United Kingdom *1997*: Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Aga Khan University, Pakistan
- 1986: Diploma in Intensive Care Nursing, Kenya Medical Training Center (formerly College of Health Professionals), Kenya
- 1983: Diploma in General Nursing, Aga Khan Hospital, School of Nursing, Kenya
- Nursing Council of Kenya (current)
- Nursing and Midwifery Council of UK (2003 – 2006)
- National Nurses Association of Kenya (current)
Areas of Specialization
- Medical surgical Nursing
- Critical Care Nursing
- Nursing Leadership
- Nurses role in Policy Development
- Community Partnerships
- Academic Leadership
- Nursing Education
- Curriculum development