Mount Kenya University strives to admit those applicants who are best prepared to benefit from and contribute to MKU academic community. Admission specialists will review your application and supporting documentation carefully to assess your overall academic preparation. In evaluating your application, the University will consider the following factors:
- Mean Grade scores achieved in High School
- The strength of your high school course work
- Grades earned in core subjects depending on the specific programmes in which you are interested
- Additional information you provided in support of your application.
Before you apply for admission at MKU, you are encouraged to carefully consider the various degree and diploma programmes available and to meet with an adviser. Admission to MKU is on a first come first serve basis so be sure to complete your application early.
Duly filled application forms should be addressed to the Registrar- academic Affairs.Application should be accompanied by copies of relevant academic and professional certificates.
Application fee :
- Kshs 1,000 For Certificate, Diplomas and Undergraduate programmes
- Kshs 2,000 For Post-Graduate programmes for Kenyan applicants
- US Dollars 50 for all non-Kenyan applicants
Payment to be deposited in either of the following Bank Accounts
- Equity Bank, ACC. No- 0090292435067 SWIFT CODE EQBLKENA
- KCB Bank, Acc. No – 1121032222
- Coop Bank, Acc. No – 01129279981300 SWIFT CODE KCOOKENA
- GT Bank, ACC. No- 2014200002
- Standard Chartered Bank, ACC. No- 0102049817400 SWIFT CODE SCBLKENX
- Family Bank, ACC. No- 005000019336
- Money Order / Banker’s Cheque payable to Mount Kenya University.
Application for admission does not guarantee admission into the University for course applied for, this will be subject to fulfillment of all requirements and class size as approved by the University Senate.For further information, kindly enquire from the Registrar, Academic Affairs the programmes being offered at our campuses and study centres:
Office of Registrar
Mount Kenya University
PO Box 342 – 01000