The community health department is one of the departments under the school of Nursing. The latter was approved by the Nursing council of Kenya on 21st September 2011 to commence training of Bachelor of Science in nursing. The first intake was in January, 2012.
To be an international role model of excellence in Community Health Nursing training
To produce world class Community health nurse practitioners through innovative and transformational education, research and extension services for sustainable scientific and technological development.
Objectives of the department
To promote holistic nursing care for individual patients/clients, families and communities which is based on scientific and ethical principles, research findings, cultural understanding and experience-based intuition.
- To provide an understanding and application of the principles of disease prevention and health promotion in Community health nursing interventions.
- To maximize the ability of individuals, families and community to take responsibility for their health needs.
- To provide appropriate knowledge, attitudes and skills for the diagnosis of community health issues.
- To equip the students with appropriate knowledge in epidemiological principles and statistical techniques to enable them carry out scientific research.
- To enhance the performance of public health nurses and their organizations through an objective understanding and application of the principles of Community Health.
[Best_Wordpress_Gallery id=”1″ gal_title=”Students Activities”]